Nursery Learning - Summer 2022
Welcome to Nursery
Mrs Miller, Moon Class email@example.com
Welcome to the summer term in Moon Class. It is going to be a busy time! The children will be continuing to develop their social skills and will build on relationships made. They will continue to develop their independence skills and confidence, in preparation for many of them transitioning to their Reception classes in September.
As always, the children follow a play-based curriculum. This takes place through a range of stimulating and engaging activities which allow children to explore, communicate, question and develop their understanding. The children will have opportunities to learn skills through focused activities and independent play and their learning journey will follow their individual needs within the Reformed Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage. They will be learning skills through our topics on:
Growing and Changing – we will be learning about life cycles of frogs, butterflies and plants. We will also explore how the children have changed and will be ready to move on to more new and exciting learning in their new Reception classes.
Travel – we will be learning that there are different countries in the world and finding out about ways to travel.
Learning in the seven areas in the EYFS curriculum includes:
Communication, Language and Literacy
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Understanding the World
Expressive Arts and Design
Please be aware that some aspects/topics may change in order to adapt to the children's learning needs and interests.
Please note the following events and add them to your diary:
- Local Elections – Thursday 5th May 2022. Voting takes place in the Sports Hall. The school is open to pupils.
- Platinum Jubilee: Picnic in the Playground – Friday 27th May
- Half term holiday – week beginning Monday 30th May
- Gordon Exhibition – week beginning Monday 27th June
- Welcome Meeting for Parents/Carers of the Children moving into Reception – Wednesday 29th June
- Nursery closed - Open Day for new parents/children – Friday 1st July
- Introduction to Reception sessions for Parents/Carers and pupils – Tuesday 5th / Thursday 7th July
- Last day of the Summer Term – Thursday 21st July
- Forest School sessions will be running throughout the term on Mondays. If your child has not been before, please refer to the Forest School section on our website for information on the ethos of forest school. Look out for letters regarding details of sessions
- ‘Lending Library’ is on a Friday. Please ensure your child brings in their book bag and Reading Record on that day, or every day if they wish to. Please read with your child on a daily basis and talk to them about the book and check their understanding by asking questions about events and the characters’ actions. Please also explain new or unfamiliar vocabulary.
- We collect a voluntary donation of 50p per week at the end of sessions on Fridays to pay for snacks and other miscellaneous resources. Alternatively, you can pay £3.00 at the beginning of each half term, if that is more convenient. Thank you.
- Please ensure that your child brings a waterproof coat each day as we spend lots of time enjoying the outdoors. Please ensure outdoor clothing, cardigans, jumpers, etc. are clearly named.
- If your child is not going to be in Nursery please inform the school office/teacher by phone/email.
- If your child is to be collected by someone who is not familiar to the Nursery staff, please inform us in advance.
- We are a Healthy School. Please do not send in sweets or other treats when it is your child’s birthday. If you want to celebrate your child’s birthday with their classmates, you could buy the class a book, send in a healthy snack such as boxes of raisins or buy stationery such as pencils, but due to the impact on the environment, we ask you not to send in plastic toys.
- Thank you for signing up to the Interactive Learning Diary. Don’t forget you can share your child’s achievements in nursery and upload information from home. Our weekly home learning ideas/activities continue to be sent out on the Learning Zone on ILD. This is available on the online version of ILD – not the app. Please ask if you are experiencing difficulties with signing in.
- If you have any questions or wish to raise a concern, please contact the class teacher in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org